Experimenting with Ikat

by 10:58 PM 0 comments
Ikat, or Ikkat, is a weaving technique used to pattern fabrics. They come in many pretty designs. A characteristic of ikat prints is an apparent "blurriness" to the design. 
It's getting really famous in the nail art world as well. So I decided to try on out for myself, and of course, something I hadn't seen on any nail. I went for an elaborate one. Here, it is.


I got this amazing nail polish as a gift recently. It looks beige alright, but look what the macro lens revealed. Tiny glitter particles. *Lovestruck*


Let's get back to ikat.
I did manage to get a few good shots, where you can see the blurry effect. 




I picked out this design from google and just tries on different sections of it on the accent nails. for the others I just went for the conventional ikat which you'll see on most nails.



Most of my clicks are over exposed this time. Sorry, my bad. But the design is pretty clear, so I just let it go. Better clicks next time, I promise.




Happy nails to you!
TC

Unknown

Nail Art Enthusiast

Visualizer - Dancer - Cat Lover. Nail Art fascinates me. Now it is a big part of my life. Not a licenced Nail Technician. But a licenced dreamer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment